Blog Header

Blog Header

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Googlot

We never had a Googlot in the village, but we learned about them at Wikademy. Mom said that if she got some more clients, we could consider buying one, but I knew that there would never be enough clients in our small town, so I built my own. It wasn't long, I guess, before the CR showed up and took it away, but by then, we were already so used to it that I didn't see any way of living without one. So, when I saw one standing at a Magna-rail stop one day, I woke it up and grabbed its hand and led it quickly to the blink gate in the McDonalds by the depot. Bush! Mom was mad when she figured out what I had done, but when I told her that the neighbor had taken a look at it and wiped it clean, she calmed down a bit and even started to smile a little. I think she had really always wanted one, but she had grown up around laptops and clear-boards, so she still wasn't really used to any of the newer Applied Ingenuity software. I mean, they had robots and stuff back when she was a kid, but it was like they weren't even alive. They couldn't think or carry on a real conversation or anything. They just kind of sat there and repeated programmed phrases or fulfilled repetitive tasks, and they were always breaking down or having to recharge. That was before Takashi and Sandhi came up with Rejoints and Plaskin-- I just can't believe they used ball bearings for so long or that they were able to work when every screen had scratches all over it. Bush... Doesn't make sense at all...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, for those of you interested in gaming, 3D graphics, and/or artificial intelligence, this is an interesting video. There is one swear word and an animated female android who is never fully naked but is pretty close to it (privates and breast covered up though). Anyway, a really interesting look into potential issues in the future of artificial intelligence.


No comments:

Post a Comment