Blog Header

Blog Header

Monday, September 9, 2013

Study Break

I needed a break from reading, and I'm trying to do better at blogging consistently on this blog. I have a couple other blogs that I've been working on for classes, and that's kept me busy pretty constantly. This blog sometimes becomes the neglected child in a big family of other projects, though, and that's my biggest daily regret. The problem is that though beautiful thoughts nonetheless come from beautiful minds, it's hard to find anything in a mind cluttered by so much else.

I crave weekends, because they are really the only time when I can really just forget about everything and live in the real sense--go on adventures, write, read for fun, compose music. I am still trying to figure out the whole balancing life with school thing, because school's winning even though life is a lot more fun sometimes. The world is so full of beautiful things and beautiful ideas and beautiful people: I just wish I had more time to really come to know it all.

On a side note, I think I am going to start carrying my camera with me wherever I go, because I want to capture this moment in my life. I don't know why, but I feel like it's a really important one, and right now, I don't have the words to capture all the beauty that I experience--mostly all the people that I see--on a daily basis. I was riding my bike home the other day when a small bird shot out of a bush as I passed. I was going fast enough that as it flew away from me, it appeared to just hover before my face for ten seconds or so before finally veering off, and I was left with the impression that I had faded from existence for a moment and become the wind on its tail feathers. The week before, a butterfly brushed against my skin, and I remembered touching butterfly wings as a child, blowing the fairy dust from my fingers.

Grace alights upon us each day, I think. Our task is just to be there and remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment